Tuesday, February 24, 2009

balance

I have this theory that in every life there is a balance and this is why we have good and bad things all sprinkled together. I also imagine that a lot of what I want to think is bad really isn't bad, just inconvenient or costing me money. However, underlying all of this is like a double stranded rope that needs both aspects to stay in balance.

Last week I managed to unseat my video card which put me off posting except using other computers which really slogged me up - but the fix was actually quite cheap. Then I fell into writing an erotica short story when I should have been doing homework and client business and about 20 other things and my refi stuff was primarily approved. However, I had to stay home from school to fix a few loose threads which resulted in a fender bender that did very little visual damage but screwed with my steering which means I'm home today to take car in for $$$ work - but after the bender the paperwork materialized that was missing all except a copy I have to make today. Hmmm. So, I can't claim bad without good and who knows - keeping me off the 101 may have saved me from a real accident and most of my paperwork should be totally totally finished in a few hours. Plus, I rewrapped my dogs leg which was funky and we both slept last night because I put up the dog gate which kept him from sneaking off to lick at it (he tries to remove it when I'm not looking) He was mad at me then but he is now well rested too - imagine that :)

Like I mentioned - it's about a sort of balance. Yesterday I also got approved for a fairly big reading with lots of opportunity for buzz. When I collect everything together it ain't so bad and even though I now get to spend some bucks, I wasn't hurt, it's sunny today (was rainy) and, I could almost work today too.

When I was young I sometimes fell into that mode of seeing the glass half empty, everything added to the burden - I WAS A VICTIM. But the thing is, life has pressure and you either get little vents or big ones and I'm damn scared of big ones so I will accept little ones. Obviously I needed these two odd days - why??? dunno. But I have them this way. So, they are a blessing in this form.

No comments:

Post a Comment