Thursday, February 26, 2009

boo boo car...

Monday, in the middle of a rain squall, I got into a very slow fender bender. Basically if I didn't point out the dent you wouldn't see it - still, the car wasn't drivable over 5mph - turns out I snapped a tie-rod end. Car is still in shop to be all spiffed up. I'm hoping to organize a rental today or tomorrow as my son is sick of mom driving his truck.

My refi also tanked. My experience of refi's has been checkered - mostly I get 9/10 through the process before some underwriter manager asks a dumb question like has my house ever moved??!?? wtf?

no

My house, contrary to popular belief does not have chicken legs under it. This is due to my house being of non-standard construction which causes the appraisers ten kinds of misery and confuses brokers. I'm rather used to this process but it is annoying - my last refi took me 8 months and 3 appraisals to get.

Still, it tanked less than a week to closing - bastards!!!

I may need to wait for further bank recovery before trying again - that will put more companies back in the business of writing loans - more competition and creativity - right now banks have plugs up butts.

Consider this - I've never been behind on a payment - I have a long owner history - STILL they are having cows - who do they think they want? I can imagine what someone who has missed payments is getting (the treatment) I saw in one show where a congresswoman was calling BoA on behalf of a constituent and 3 hours later reached a human - she was on hold 3 hours - even after the human she was cut off - again. Gimme a break - if you want the economy to work you have to allow people to do the stuff they do - like get banking business done.

No comments:

Post a Comment