Thursday, January 15, 2009

the appraiser...



AKKKKK!!! He is coming on Sunday morning.

This means cleaning as well as finishing my grout and other small fixes. AKKKK!

Actually we have been waiting a week for him to be scheduled so that part is good, having to hurry up to finish my chores is also good, just tiring to even think about.

The dicey thing is my last appraisal was 4 years ago and it was great. Since then I added a deck, am completing the front porch improvement, put in hardwood floors in the back bedroom and hallway (soon to be whole house if refi is good) and painted several areas. I also installed two walk in closets and an outside door and second small deck. This moves my house officially from 2 to 4 bedrooms and even with the crap market should reflect as improvements in a positive way. I also have a partially completed non-conforming in my garage area which is a mystery as to how the appraiser will view it. It has a nice new french door and 1/2 is basically done (we are putting in a mini kitchen and full bath that are not yet done) I have a large garage at 1100 square feet and the nonconforming is taking about 230 of those feet with 10 foot ceilings :)

So, I'm nervous and yet pragmatic. My male housemate has trimmed all the shrubs up nice and they do look good. I hope to install a fountain and do some minor mulching as well as some minor painting and touch ups. The grout is my biggest thing because it makes the front look finished and well taken care of. We are also looking to place a large pot on the porch with greens and flowers because you only make a good impression once. :)

These are two photos of my deck during the summer (we remove the awnings during the winter) The decking is impervious or non-wood/non-rot.

I am hoping for GOOD numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment