Wednesday, January 7, 2009

what would I do without vacation time?

I'm a bit overwhelmed with the sudden scramble to move my blog around. I'm now reminded that I promised myself to try to load Dreamweaver onto this computer in order to update my website which has languished untouched for several months (since my mac moved) - so, I could migrate my blog to the front page of my website which would probably be a reasonable thing to do in many ways. The thing is - I don't like front page blogs generally - a website should have archival material as well as blog etc... In my opinion the front page should really be a navigation spot to all your goodies. I need to think on this more.

I do think this 'issue' of blog-site-crash is part of the ongoing singularity of our lives. Technology, is at its core, unstable. It is constantly under the stress of change in a way that mirrors our lives rather frightfully. While there are certainly market pressure driving changes, there also seem to be non-market pressures driving changes. People fiddle with things and suddenly tech is old-school boat anchor and there is, yet again, NEW TECH.

LJ's flexing (whether it materializes into puffage or not) presses someone like me to fiddle with my website and to join other social networks and to try to solve my problems or see who IS solving my problem and then steal their ideas (always a good choice)

Right now I have 3 additional blog/networking entities to follow and that is too many (instinct tells me) - What I want is to flow all of them into one useful, easy-to-use, interface so I can read my friends from one spot, talk to them, and they can talk back equally easily. I can tell this is a feeds thing (which is solved) so the software and LJ make me learn more stuff. And that's why this tastes like eating lima beans....good for you...good for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment