Monday, March 9, 2009

nice editors...

OMG I almost have good news -

A certain editor wrote me a very very nice note which has me quite happy at the moment. I am hoping this will translate into more good news within a week or so. YEAH!!!

This is for the story that I wrote during my winter break so I am quite pleased that it is receiving such a good reception. I don't have many stories out at the moment because I had them on my older MAC laptop and they were not transferring to this PC well at all. However, I put them on my thumb drive and I'm hopeful that this week I can muck with the school's big MACS and get them in a form that the PC will tolerate. It is daunting - I moved hundreds of things off the MAC - about 80 or so are stories - then there were novels and starts and trunked stuff and well, you get the picture. In any case my "new" group of stories is pretty much submitted - except for the last piece which is still in crit, hope to polish in about a week. I'm quite pleased with the state of my writing at the moment - I seem to have improved when I wasn't looking. :)

My cat story was reviewed in class today and it was really quite funny. This is a non-fiction non-academic essay that I decided to structure like a Stephen King short story - my objective was to shock my readers both because this is non-fiction and it is unexpected content. Boy was I successful :::gleeful hee hee::: They were trying to figure out how I managed to be creepy and nonfiction at the same time. Was totally funny. Got pinned in the hall later by people wanting to confirm that my story is true :))))))

Stephen King must know a thing or two about structure LMAO

Most of them complained about my one whole paragraph about the town - not because it wasn't good - but because they thought the story was about something else and then I twisted it. So satisfying - really - I need to do Stephen King again....very very fun.

All of them seemed to think I need to publish this like immediately - because it scared them and it should be out there in the public eye. :::hee hee:::

I do need to add a bit more to it but I knew that, we are required to do a revision so I left room to do that when I turned it in to the class.

Plus - I found 9 dollars on the ground today. WOW!!!

Someone is smiling on me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment